Studio 8 Glass workshops
by Judith Bohm-Parr
LOL-Lorikeets over the lagoon,
JUDE’S UPDATE 2018
My workshop criterion remains the same as it was in 2017. You can choose your own time for a one on one, or bring a friend and the costs reduce. I only have 4 students at a time max, so your experience will be more personal and enriching.
In 2016 I staged a solo exhibition at CHARTS (Childers Art Gallery) called BOTANICALS that was inspired by my beautiful new home at Xanadoo. The garden is amazing; we have a lagoon, bamboo walk and 2 acres of palm gardens, containing a plethora of exotic species, which were the inspiration for a lot of my works. Along with the flora we are blessed with an incredible array of animals, birds & reptiles that share our property - also a source of creativeness for Botanicals.
Since then, I have taken the low/slow road- actually creating some fused windows & a custom-made vanity basin for our new master suite, the odd commission and workshops.
In the later months of 2017 I had the privilege of mentoring an Indigenous artist from Cairns in my studio – Paul Bong. We have known each other for 20 years & previously collaborated on glass for Studio 8 – the Indinji Series. Paul is taking the next step in his career & wants to portray his stories in glass. We received an RADF grant from Cairns Regional Council to take the first developmental steps towards accomplishing his goal. More news in the future on developing collaborative projects we are hoping to undertake.
So, if you want a laid back experience whilst learning & experiencing art, particularly glass art, contact me and I will introduce you to the world of glass at Xanadoo.
106 Gelsominos Rd, South Isis, Qld 4660
Phone 0407 655497
STUDIO 8 GLASS
VIP WORRSHOPS- A NEW CONCEPT IN LEARNING
• DO YOU WANT TO DO A WORKSHOP BUT THE DATES AREN’T RIGHT FOR YOU??
• ARE YOU HAPPY TO PAY A LITTLE EXTRA FOR ONE ON ONE TUTORING?
• DO YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WHO COULD DO THE WORKSHOP AS WELL?
• Studio 8 Glass can offer an alternative to this run around of dates & prices.
• A SIMPLE PRICE DEPENDING ON NUMBERS & A FLEXIBLE TIME FRAME WHETHER IT BE FOR 3 HOURS OR A WEEK LONG WORKSHOP WITH ACCOMODATION & MEALS.
WHAT CAN I DO?
Studio 8 Glass offers a range of kiln-formed glass workshops from beginners to advanced that spans from 3hrs to customised 1- 5 days depending on your requirements.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• You choose the dates- weekday or weekend (conditions apply)
• A solo -one on one workshop -will attract the premium price- still quality for money
• 2 or more participants pay a lesser rate per person on a decreasing scale to 4 maximum participants
• All workshop fees include materials, tools, notes, firing and morning tea for short workshops. Lunch & accommodation can be arranged on site or in Childers if needed for longer workshops at an additional fee, or bring your own lunch.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR BUCKS??(max 4 persons)
WORKSHOP OPTIONS –BASIC (more available on request)
WORKSHOPS DURATION START/END SOLO + FRIEND (2) 3-4 FRIENDS
Glass Jewellery 3hrs 9am-12pm $190 $140 ea $60 ea
Glass jewellery 6hrs 9am-3pm $280 $190 ea $95 ea
Basic Fusing-flat 6hrs 9am-3pm $280 $190 ea $95 ea
Bowl or plate- fusing & slumping 1 ½ days
10am-12pm $390 $200 ea $130 ea
Advanced slumping 1 ½ days
10am-12pm $390 $200 ea $130 ea
Casting basic 6 hrs 9am-3pm $280 $190 ea $95 ea
Casting 3D 2 days 9am-3pm
10am-3.30pm $450 $260 ea $150 ea
Pate de Verre 6hrs 9am-3pm $280 $190 ea $95 ea
Fused glass mosaics 6hrs 9am-3pm $260 $190 ea $95 ea
CONDITIONS & EXTRAS:
• All workshops need to be booked in at least 2 weeks previous to dates required. I may have to change times if a previous workshop is booked in. A deposit of 50% is required on booking, unless extenuating circumstances, unrefundable. Full payment by direct deposit or cash on the day.
• You get workshop notes, a beautiful environment on acreage overlooking a lagoon; geese may appear!
If you have any questions please contact me- Jude, your host & tutor or Paul also your host.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mobile 0407655497
• Website- www.studio8glass.com.au Facebook- just google studio 8 glass Australia & you will find me!