Inkmasters Printmaking Workshop Program - something for everyone!
by Inkmasters Cairns
'Study' Theo Tremblay
It is with much delight that InkMasters eases back into doing what we do best - offering opportunities to learn new skills or refresh skills acquired some time ago in a fully-equipped studio with experienced tutors. There are 6 upcoming workshops in a wide range of techniques - see them all listed below.
Numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 students and BOOKINGS are ESSENTIAL. You can book and pay online and
payment secures your place. Inkmasters is a COVID SAFE Workshop. Need more info? See our website or Contact us
1. FUNDAMENTALS OF DRAWING with Theo Tremblay - 6 week course - Wed evenings 9 Sep-14 Oct - Maximum 9 students for this one because a life model sit in the final session. $178
2. By popular demand, we bring you Hannah Parker's INTRODUCTION TO PRINTMAKING a 6 week course, Saturday mornings commencing 12 Sep- 17 Oct. Participants will make relief prints (linocut) and intaglio prints (drypoint and etching using aluminium plates) and learn the materials and processes that they can then extend in their individual practices.
3. Get into Beautiful Blue - A CYANOTYPE 1 day workshop with Mollie Bosworth, 27 Sep 20. Learn the basics of cyanotype using the historical formula and UV from the sun. Contemporary artists can combine this alternative photographic process creatively and combine with many other media. $190 Members -$230 Non Members includes 2020 Membership
4. Marvellous Multilayered MONOTYPES with Rose Rigley, 1 day workshop, 11 Oct 20. . These multilayered methods of working are both painterly and precise with very immediate and unique results. This workshop offers you the chance to explore the boundaries of printmaking through these methods, and enables you to make numerous prints that articulate your own ideas. $155 Members - $195 Non Members
5.Join Jane Dennis in a weekend GYOTAKU (fish printing) workshop, 24 - 25 Oct. Discover the delights of traditional Japanese fish printing - transfer a real fish and other botanical materials to cloth (wearable art) or paper. $215 Members, $255 Non members includes 2020 membership.
6. Learn PAPER CASTING using latex/plaster moulds and cotton lintners to create bas or low-relief sculptural pieces with Theo Tremblay. In this weekend workshop 14/15 Nov 20. The cast process begins with beating rag papers in water to make a pulp. The pulp is then laid by hand in a mould (plaster/latex) made from an original work of art or a found object. The pulp is pressed to drain off the water. Members $190 Non Members $230 includes 2020 Membership
7. And it that's not enough, the LIFE DRAWING OPEN WORKSHOP meets every Tuesday 6-8pm. $10.
Remember BOOKINGs are ESSENTIAL for all workshops or access for individual workshop use.
Click here to post comments
Click here to return to Art workshops and classes.